As promised, though it’s a little late, here’s the recipe for making fruit flavoured vodkas.
You will use pre made vodka for this recipe.
This is a long process, so don’t be expecting to drink this next week!
This is what you’ll need:
- 680g of your chosen fruit
- 1 litre of vodka (I usually use the Tesco’s basic or similar as you don’t need expensive stuff)
- 525g of sugar (use caster sugar as it’s finer)
Here’s what you do:
- Rinse and check the fruit, then place it in a jar big enough to hold the entire mixture.
- Add the vodka and mix.
- Stir the mixture daily for the first 2 weeks.
- Stir weekly for the second 2 weeks.
- After the first 4 weeks, pass the mixture through a sieve, pressing all the liquid out with a spoon, discarding the fruit pieces. (There may still be fruit pieces in the liquid, these will be removed later)
- Add the liquid to a bottle.
- Add the sugar.
- Shake the bottle until the sugar has been dissolved.
- After 3 months strain the liquid through a cloth.
- Add more sugar if you feel necessary.
- Now leave it for at least 6 months! Preferably 12 months in total from start to finish to get the best possible taste!
And there you have it, a nicely coloured and deliciously flavoured fruit vodka.
Just please remember to enjoy this drink responsibly! ;-)
Other flavour ideas you could try:
Or even try a mix!
Do you have any interesting fruit vodka ideas? maybe even mix ideas? Leave your comments below.